How much are drones?
What is the best drone? Its a simple question but the answer depends a lot on what you are looking for. If your decision is purely based on cost then here you go :
- Best Drones For Kids What is the best drones for kids? Its a simple question but what actually makes a good drone for kids and do people actually make drones for this? Drones actually started off life as a cute toy for kids. Its only in recent years that their popularity has exploded and people from all age groups have ...
- Best Drones Under $500 If your max budget is 500 dollars then you are going to get a pretty decent drone. The best drones under 500 dollars will usually be a good package that has most things you need. At this price range you are getting towards professional kit, but still not too expensive that you need a small business ...
- Best Drones Under $200 What are the best drones under 200 dollars? It might sound like a lot of money but in the world of the drone pilot, two hundred dollars could vanish in a whirl of rotor blades. But on the other hand, if you know what you want and look around a little bit then there is ...
- Best Drones Under $100 Can you get a good drone for under 100 dollars? When you think of drones, you probably imagine your wallet emptying quite quickly. And well it is true that the more you pay the better the drone, you can actually get a pretty decent drone for less than 100 dollars. Prepare to discover which are ...
As you can see, drone costs vary wildly and it depends really what you want out of your drone. Before you can decide how much you want to spend you need to decide what you want out of it.
Things that make a good drone:
- Long battery life
- Reliable and stable flight
- Trusted and proven technology
- Good camera
- Long range
Best drones for beginners
There are lots of different drones. Different manufacturers and different features and prices. But which is the best drone for beginners?
To answer that you need to know what makes a good beginners drone. As a beginner you need a few things from a drone. Your drone needs to be stable and easy to fly. A racing drone probably isn’t your best option as a beginner as they are twitchy, difficult to fly and expensive.
When you just start out you need a drone that is cheap enough to crash but still good enough to be stable in flight.
These are probably the best beginners drones :
|1||You get 15 minutes flight time out of this drone and it has propeller protectors for the beginner. A steal at this price.||Altair Hornet Drone|
|2||This is under $50! Also has an incredibly stable flight control system and propeller protectors.||Holy Stone HS170|
|3||Designed for beginners, its bright red and made of durable plastic.||Syma X22W|
Things to look for in a cheap drone :
- Easy to fly
- Spares available
As a beginner you will crash your drone so it may be a good idea to get a cheaper model that you won’t mind replacing…..But too cheap and it will be difficult to fly. Its a balancing act.
what’s the best drone for photography
When you want to take pictures there is really only one manufacturer to look at, DJI Drones. They are by far the best drones for photography and their popularity shows it. There are some of the best DJI drones money can buy.
|1||Smart controller. 31 minutes flight time with an incredible top speed of 58MPH!||DJI Mavic 2 PRO|
|2||portable drone with full HD camera.Face aware feature and 16 minute flying times.||DJI Spark|
|3||auto sensing and avoidance. Intelligent flight modes and 50MPH, 27mph flight times.||DJI Inspire 2|
|4||Onboard 20 megapixel camera. Auto obstacle sensing with 30 minute flight times.||DJI Phantom|
|5||A beginner DJI quadcopter drone with HD camera. Controllable via your phone anywhere. 13 minutes flight time with this little drone!||DJI Tello|
We have a full article dedicated to this excellent manufacturer at the link above. They are one of the oldest and most respected drone manufacturers, their drones just work. The excellent cameras, stable drones and long flight times make them some of the most useful and reliable drones.